Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The scope of this project sort of slipped up on both of us. She knew she wanted furniture for the living room. I talked her into actually having a dining room for eating. As an afterthought, she mentioned she would love a four poster bed.
We hadn't really discussed budget, and part of the thrill of decorating for me is to see how little I can spend and still get something fantastic. I practically LIVE at The Guild Shop in Houston, so that was my first stop. Hiding in the corner behind a huge feathered Polynesian headdress was my first purchase, a black and gold four poster bed. I bought it for $358,saving at least $1,ooo the first day without even trying. What a high!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your doing a great job Adair, and I absolutely love the entrance to your home. Beautiful Flowers. Just take a second to get used to those, their great. The Guild shop sounds like a great place.
Kim
I don't know why this is on Cara's e-mail.